As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
*New York Magazine’s Social Content Producer is responsible for the brand’s extension and presence on social platforms, primarily Instagram. *This position actively engages with the entire team at New York magazine to promote high-level projects and big stories across social channels.
- Drive engagement by showcasing NYMag’s features, special projects, podcasts, and events on social platforms.
- Create visual assets to promote content from across all verticals on social platforms
- Develop social content of special projects that stands out among the noise
- Drive audience loyalty by building a core, engaged audience by producing Lives, takeovers, and Reels
- Work with the podcast team to promote various podcasts across NYMag channels
- Manage communications with editors and writers to create social-specific promotions of their stories
- Work with marketing and branded content on new campaigns and advertising initiatives
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
- 1-3 years experience managing and creating content for social media account(s), including Instagram, for a media/publishing company
- In-depth understanding of engagement metrics and audience growth strategies
- Proven experience using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, AfterEffects, and Premiere
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and tight deadlines associated with a fast-paced news cycle
- Strong understanding and passion for the editorial sensibility of the New York magazine
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in journalism or related field
About working at Vox Media
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.