Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to facilitate compelling digital experiences that drive customer engagement and demand with our food subscriptions. This includes the ability to create scale- able web page templates. As the lead of the Grocery Site Content team, you will work closely with the Product,, Site Engineers, Marketing, and Category Management teams to create second to none online grocery shopping experiences. The successful candidate will be organized and detail oriented, comfortable managing multiple projects, and have a strong desire to roll up their sleeves to innovate on behalf of customers.
- Must be comfortable building out a content framework that does not entirely exist- Build web-based content deliverables for everyday and special marketing campaigns to include but not limited to product pages, landing pages, and banner ads - Own Product Merchandising calendar to coordinate product launches with cross functional teams- Work within cross functional teams to deliver compelling customer experiences across our digital landscape- Maintain and develop a digital assets repository, including creation and management of web templates for Grocery Products- Drive and make recommendations on how to most effectively engage our customers within digital channels (e.g. format, cadence, etc.)- Develop and execute test plans across owned digital channels- Provide content performance analysis and communicate and implement timely optimizations to drive results
Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in digital marketing with 2+ years driving digital merchandising sites and campaigns - Online grocery experience is a plus- 3+ years of experience in People Management- Proven track record in managing digital programs and/or web experiences- Experience designing visual assets like infographics- Experience with FTP, SEO, CMS best-practices required- Effective presentation and communication skills for responding to and coordinating with stakeholders as necessary- Extremely well organized and detail oriented- Able to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Extraordinarily good natured with strong ability to influence in a collaborative manner- Exceptional people person backed with a lot of game- Flexible, start-up mentality to help build the site and systems- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Vice President of Merchandising- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!- Opportunity to work from home regularly- Candidate can be remotely located within US time zones with a strong preference to on or near the West coast
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.