We’re looking for someone to join our team and lead our SEO strategy. As a team of mainly engineers and designers, we’ve dabbled in optimizing Unsplash, but we’re ready to take that to the next level with someone dedicated to its growth full time.
This means working closely with our product team to prioritize, build, and analyze new features to grow Unsplash’s organic traffic.
As the person leading this area, you’ll not only be responsible for making the high-level decisions, but you’ll need to be comfortable executing on the decisions as well. You’ll have access to resources like outside consultants, data analysts, and a larger external SEO team in the parent corporation of Getty Images, but you’ll be responsible for much of the analysis and low-level details as well.
Some of the things you’d be doing:
- Develop a comprehensive SEO strategy for unsplash.com to maximize long term traffic growth and value for our community
- Monitor weekly site traffic fluctuations and report on them to the team
- Track and optimize search results and search performance across major search channels to improve rankings
- Work closely with the product team to develop a roadmap of features and improvements
Some experiences and abilities that would be helpful:
- Ability to meaningfully grow traffic by developing and executing a successful content strategy
- Experience in keyword research and competitive analysis
- Experience building strategies that scale to 10,000+ pages
- Experience working with large amounts of user generated content
- While we already have a strong external link building strategy, experience in developing strong internal link strategies is needed
- Experience scaling a single language website to be multilingual is desirable but not required
At Unsplash we’re enabling everyone to create by making visuals open and accessible.
Today, Unsplash powers more people and products than any other visual search engine in the world, with more than 100 million images downloaded every month—more than the rest of the industry combined. Our team builds unsplash.com, Unsplash for iOS, and the Unsplash API, directly powering over 10,000+ applications including Medium, BuzzFeed, Facebook, Squarespace, Google, Trello, and Square.
We’re depended on every day as a fundamental building block in the creative process, allowing anyone, from students to award-winning creators, access to high-quality, usable imagery.
Our team is made up of people who enjoy making things people love. We care about details and we care about quality. We do more with less. We’re open and transparent about everything we do, both internally and externally.
Available to all full-time employees.
Work from home
- We’re a remote first company.
- Dedicated conferences & learning budget.
- Team retreats 1-2 times a year.
- You manage your time. You set your working hours.
- 3 weeks MINIMUM vacation.
- Available for teammates in countries without universal healthcare.
- If you have a baby, you’re paid for any time you need to take off. The time you take off will be your judgment. This is an important time and we don’t want to be deciding which days you should be taking off or not. We’ll be there for you. If we feel the balance is not quite right or if you have any questions, we’ll chat.