As an SEO Strategist, you’ll help shape one of the most important initiatives for the HubSpot Blog’s content strategy: the Search Insights Report.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Senior SEO Strategist. You’ll be responsible for doing keyword research, identifying competitors, and running content gap analyses. Our English blog currently drives more than 8 million sessions from search each month, as well as thousands of leads and free users. Your work will help us set new records.
The SEO Strategist has a background in, or a lot of experience with, content—several of our SEO strategists are former bloggers, editors, and content marketers. They’re also familiar with basic SEO concepts and processes and are eager to learn more. This role is a fantastic opportunity if you’re looking to transition from content strategy into SEO. Please note: Creating content is not part of this role.
The role is ideally based out of HubSpot’s Cambridge office (although you’ll be remote for the foreseeable future).
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Run keyword research and competitive analysis to find areas for organic growth
- Identify existing posts for historical optimization and craft an update plan to increase the content’s value to the business
- Perform regular content audits; find and fix keyword cannibalization across HubSpot’s properties; align content creators to prevent future cannibalization
- Help create (and eventually own) the delivery of our quarterly Search Insights Report
- Measure and report on organic traffic, rankings, and backlinks generated from search and historical optimization strategy
- Work with other teams, including but not limited to content creators/editors, product marketers, acquisition marketers, and other local teams
- Report into our Head of Content SEO
We are looking for people who:
- Understand content marketing techniques and have experience creating an editorial content strategy, creating content themselves, and/or working with creators
- Are strong writers and communicators
- Can think critically and make data-informed decisions
- Have some experience in keyword research (self-taught counts!)
- Love to learn and are eager to dive into SEO
It’s a plus if you:
- Have used HubSpot Marketing Hub, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Ahrefs, SEMrush, STAT, Screaming Frog, and/or Botify (or tools like them)
- Have experience in keyword research
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpotCulture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in New Hampshire, Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).