This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help own everything related to organic search and SEO in a hyper-growth startup.
ClickUp is an entirely content-led growth company, spending $0 on marketing and only growing from the viral nature of organic search and word of mouth. The product and our organic online presence have carried us from 0 to 100,000+ teams in under 2 years - and we're now one of the fastest growing software companies in the world.
We are not newbies to SEO - we’ve acquired millions of users through our organic presence, so you shouldn’t be either. This role is for you if you’ve already organically scaled SEO campaigns and you’re looking for the next phase of challenging growth!
You will work with our SEO Manager to maintain a best in class technical SEO approach to maximize both user experience and erase tech debt for search engines, developing a strong CRO (conversion rate optimization) framework and competency, and leading and working with ClickUp's content agency and in-house team.
Our product is unique in that it’s highly customizable - it can be used for use cases ranging from very simple to highly complex. It will be your job to dive deep to understand every keyword opportunity and search trend which can be taken action upon based on ClickUp's product and competitive landscape. You will also be performing on and off page technical SEO audits, assisting with building and optimizing the internal linking strategy to maximize rankings, and conceiving and executing link building and outreach efforts.
- Monitor the organic performance of ClickUp properties as well as competitor sites, SERP features and Google algorithm updates.
- Present a strong perspective about what high-performing SEO looks like, and create a system that ensures internal teams and projects throughout ClickUp are aligning with SEO best practices.
- Audit and analyze site performance, identify issues, find root-causes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance at scale. Communicate SEO performance and initiative status to stakeholders in weekly business reviews.
- Assisting with research and implementation of content for organic SEO success while monitoring.
- ClickUp’s keyword rankings and occasionally addressing site health issues.
- Working with our SEO Manager to increase link opportunities.
- Researching competitor content to identify link acquisition opportunities, lists of relevant and vetted prospects, crafting pitches, and connecting with journalists, media outlets, bloggers, and others to build mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
- 2+ years of successful experience in SEO and web analytics with visible improvements in user acquisition, non-brand organic traffic, and search rankings.
- Knowledge in WordPress systems and how to update content in it.
- Familiarity with various analytics and conversion rate optimization platforms including Google Analytics, Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools), Google Optimize, and other platforms.
- Experience with SEO management software platforms and rank tracking platforms such as Ahrefs and SEM Rush.
- Ability to thrive in our fast-paced, ever-changing, and highly collaborative environment; and assisting in other marketing, customer support, and company activities as needed.
- Experience working in SaaS, international SEO and managing external agencies.
- Power user with project management software and other productivity tools in order to understand the pain points of our customers.