Scratchpad is pioneering the first workspace for revenue teams. We take the most tedious parts of daily work and turn them into efficient, delightful experiences that positively impact both the professional and personal lives of salespeople. But don’t take our word for it - watch what users are excited about, and read what customers and top-tier investors are raving about.
The Scratchpad team is defined by our values, including simplicity and speed, as well as a deep well of empathy, an openness to ideas (no matter how wild) and a steady stream of feedback. We profoundly care about our customers, the work we do, and each other. If this role speaks to you and you’re looking to grow as a professional and a human being, connect with us!
Scratchpad is looking for an SEO and content strategist to power our mission of making salespeople happy. This person will drive awareness and top of funnel new account growth through high performance SEO as well as develop and maintain a best-in-class technical SEO approach to maximize user experience and a strong conversion rate optimization framework.
This role will join the ground floor of a burgeoning marketing department and report directly to the VP of Marketing.
This Role Is For You If
- Communication is your middle name: Ability to clearly communicate plans, ideas, learnings and data with stakeholders across the business.
- You’re inquisitive and data driven: Exhibit intense inquisitiveness to formulate ideas or hypothesis to run rapid experiments. Use data to make informed decisions about the experiments and synthesize the learnings into actions.
- You’re a content optimization maven: Familiarity with content marketing strategies that drive backlinks, knowledge of search engine algorithms & SEO tools/vendors and a proven track record of optimizing large content sites for competitive head terms and long tail keywords.
- You’re a team player: Comfortable working cross functionally, whether it’s with product/engineering, sales, training and development, or leadership. Work with team effort and empathy in mind.
- You’re experienced: You have 3+ years in B2B SaaS with an emphasis on SEO. You can clearly articulate evidence of your impact in your previous work.
- SEO roadmap building: Build and iterate an SEO roadmap of experiments and technical initiatives to improve keyword rankings and search market share to drive organic traffic, signups, and revenue.
- Monitoring performance: Monitor the organic performance of Scratchpad as well as competitor sites, SERP features and Google algorithm updates.
- Drive growth: Partner with growth marketing to align SEO efforts to top of funnel growth and drive new account sign ups.
- Develop SEO best practices: Present a strong perspective about what high-performing SEO looks like, and create a system that ensures internal teams and projects throughout Scratchpad are aligning with SEO best practices.
- Analyze and deliver: Audit and analyze site performance, identify issues, find root-causes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance. Communicate SEO performance and initiative status to stakeholders weekly.
- Report: Perform Google Analytics and Webmaster tools analysis, benchmarking and ongoing reporting. Perform website migrations and website redirect strategies, as well as ongoing A/B testing and CRO through Google Optimize, Hotjar and other platforms.
- Optimize: Develop a plan and execute on how to optimize SEO for video content.
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Have an actual impact and voice in the company and initiatives
- 100% remote (work from anywhere culture)
- Join the company at the ground floor with lots of growth potential
- Equity options in the company
- Flexible time off (and encouragement to take it!)
We believe that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. As an equal opportunity employer, we interact with respect, kindness, and compassion. We are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not afraid to let go of existing beliefs as we learn new information and uncover better ideas.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diverse teams build better products, offer more unique perspectives and help foster a more inclusive environment for everyone.