Redefine Marketing Group, an SEO agency located in Covina, is seeking an SEO Content Manager to join our team. The individual in this position will be supporting our Content Director and replacing our current Content Manager, who will both take a hands-on role in their onboarding.
We support our clients by providing SEO-rich, engaging content for their websites and blogs. The ideal candidate should have experience managing client and freelancer relationships and managing the overarching content strategy for multiple clients at once. Additionally, they should be able to optimize existing content to perform better in search and be able to research/write strong content about a variety of topics, in a variety of industries.
- Create content for blogs, websites, press releases, etc. in a range of industries.
- Perform keyword research.
- Client management and communication, including Zoom, phone calls, and email.
- Receive and implement client feedback.
- Research and brainstorm ideas for content/blogs (creation of content calendars)
- Review, edit, and improve the work of our freelance writers, including checking for spelling and grammar errors and ensuring they’re optimized for SEO.
- Publish content, and continue to optimize and refresh content after it’s published.
- Support other members of the team as necessary.
- 2-4 years of experience in a content management/SEO writing or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related area preferred.
- Must be proficient in Google Docs/Sheets.
- Must be available at least 20-30 hours a week to start (1-2 days in our Covina office, the rest remote.) As you’re trained up, this will morph into a full-time, mostly remote position.
- Must possess great attention to detail, organizational skills, project/client management skills, and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be self-directed, a good listener, and a clear and tactful communicator.
- WordPress/CMS experience a plus
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with Semrush, BuzzSumo, and other SEO/content tools is a plus.
- The ability to write B2B and B2C content in a variety of industries -- technical writing is a plus!
- Experience with ADP timekeeping is a major plus.
- Agency experience preferred.
What We Need From You
- Writing samples (at least 3, all in different industries -- ideally optimized for SEO)
- A copy of your resume
- A little bit of information about you (who you are, why you chose writing/SEO as a profession, what you know about SEO, which SEO/content tools you’re familiar with, what industries you’re comfortable writing for, etc.)
What You Need To Know
- This position is 20-30 hours a week to start, but will turn into a full-time position once you’ve completed training. At that point you’ll be eligible for our full-time benefits package (see below.)
- You’ll be expected to be in the office at least 1-2 days a week; hours and days TBD (but flexible.)
- You will be provided a company laptop.
- Individuals who make it to the next step in the interview process will be assigned a small (paid) writing project specific to one of our clients to demonstrate the depth and quality of their work.
- Pay is $24-26/hour, depending on experience.
RMG offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees, including 401K, health insurance, flexible/remote work, 12 paid holidays/year (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s), Summer Fridays, annual bonuses, and unlimited PTO.
Our office is conveniently located near the Metrolink station (8 minute walk) and is just 20 miles east of DTLA, opposite traffic.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.