Popdust is an affiliate of GeistM dedicated to bringing their audience organic pop culture content. Inspired by memes, binge-watching, and rigorous analyses of Twitter's trending topics, we showcase topics worth caring about and cover cultural trends, events, and individuals shaping the future.
Our portfolio of eight sites covers everything from pop culture to lifestyle advice to financial tips to travel to social activism. Read more about the sites here.
*Location: *New York, New York (Hybrid)
The role is based in midtown Manhattan and at this time all of our employees are following a Hybrid Model. Our employees utilize our office as part of the voluntary return to office in accordance with our guidelines in place.
Most employees are utilizing our office 1 - 2 days a week. Our team has been working remotely on days they are not utilizing the office. Our top focus is to continue to ensure staff safety and comfort levels, as we implement our voluntary return to the office.
About the Position
We are looking for a SEO Content Writer to join the Popdust team. As a key member of the Popdust team, you will play a key role in creating and editing SEO content for our portfolio of media sites that engage our target audience. You will focus on writing and editing original SEO content based around pop culture trends with the purpose of driving revenue.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with writing SEO content, digital publishing, and generating traffic on original content. The candidate will also regularly optimize current content and metadata across our portfolio to help achieve department and company goals.
What You’ll Do
- Write 8-10 pieces of original SEO content based around pop culture trends each week that is high value to both readers and search engines;
- Post your articles in an efficient manner using our CMS platform with optimized SEO practices;
- Review, enhance, and edit SEO content written by team members (elevate the overall quality and accuracy across content formats);
- Conduct backlinking, keyword research, rank analysis, and content marketing strategy analysis according to SEO best practices and share recommendations with the team;
- Optimize current copy, landing pages and metadata for maximum organic exposure and conversions while maintaining engaging targeted content;
- Collaborate and innovate with all teams (editorial, video, and social) to create engaging and meaningful multimedia content (articles, podcasts, videos, infographics, live streams, etc).
- Research trending topics within the pop culture industry
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or similar field;
- A minimum of 1 year of experience writing for online publications (freelance or staff);
- Excellent creative writing, critical analysis, and editing skills;
- A working knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing;
- Basic knowledge of HTML;
- Knowledge of analytics tools like Google Analytics, Bing Analytics, SEMRush;
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), best practices and how they can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, & respond to changes quickly.
Why You Should Come Work With Us
- Great coworkers and a fun collaborative environment;
- Funded by top-tier venture firms;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Many technical and business challenges to solve.