The aim of this role is that you will be a key part of the Cognism content engine, helping to scale and increase the quality and quantity of the content that we produce. This content will work across a variety of content formats including SEO, demand gen and timely editorial trending content that will put Cognism on the map as THE place to go for B2B Sales and Marketing content that enables team to do their jobs better.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
An exceptional writer - you won’t just love writing; you’ll absolutely adore it! You’ll be proficient in crafting engaging, compelling and optimised copy for website, blog, video and social channels.
Versatile and adaptable - no two days in Cognism’s content team are ever the same! You’ll be asked to devise and execute content plans across a range of different channels, including Cognism’s blog, partner blogs, YouTube, LinkedIn, Medium and much much more.
An SEO superstar - Cognism’s content strategy is built on SEO. You’ll have a strong working knowledge of SEO best practices, including keyword research, competitor analysis, on-page SEO and rank tracking.
Organised - Cognism is a fast-paced and demanding business. You’ll need to be good at managing your time, working to deadlines and seeing projects through from ideation to completion.
Curious - every day at Cognism, you’ll learn something new. You’ll have an inquisitive mind; you’ll want to know how people and processes work. Much of our content is based on insights from internal and external thought leaders, so some journalistic ability is required.
Collaborative and inclusive - Cognism’s content team is a diverse, close-knit and supportive group of people. We prize good team players who are passionate about learning, sharing their knowledge and working alongside others.
Analytical - Cognism’s content team thrives on data. You’ll be confident in delving into the content tech stack, tracking metrics, producing reports, gaining insights and using them to improve your work.
Technical - Cognism’s content team works with a number of different tools. You’ll have experience in using Google Analytics, Ahrefs and HubSpot - or at the very least, you’ll be excited to learn all about them.
- Writing, editing and briefing content in line with Cognism’s brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Taking an editorial approach to content. At Cognism we do content differently. We want to ensure we are not just developing content, but that we are developing THE BEST content for sales and marketing professionals on the market.
- Delivering SEO strategies through keyword research and content creation.
- Optimising on-page elements across your blogs, including H1 tags, internal links, metadata, and Schema markup.
- Setting clear content metrics to determine the success or failure of content initiatives, monitoring them and reporting on them weekly.
- Mentoring junior colleagues and helping them to develop their content marketing skills.
- Understanding the revenue impact of content and being comfortable analysing this and doubling down efforts on those areas that deliver maximum impact.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and superlative written communication skills.
- A hustler with an editorial mindset. You will always be searching for the next best ‘story’ and contributor, not being afraid to outreach directly and build a network of all star B2B Sales and Marketing influencers to use in your content.
- Experience in devising and optimising SEO and content plans.
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO principles, techniques, trends and best practices.
- Comfortable in using tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs and HubSpot.
- An understanding of the B2B sales/marketing industries.
- Curious about the world around you and how businesses/technologies work.
- Good time management skills.
- Self-motivated - you aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need to understand something, but you’ll always try to figure out the answer on your own first.
- An analytical mindset - comfortable in working with numbers and data, setting performance metrics and tracking them.
- Good presentation skills - able to confidently report on the progress of your work to managers and colleagues.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- 24 days’ holiday PLUS all the usual UK public and bank holidays (if UK-based).
- Cushon pension scheme.
- Access to Cognism’s Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured.
- Generous monthly Wellbeing Allowance.
- A remote GP service during these tricky times.
- Access to Spill – our slack integrated therapists.
- Pizza Thursdays.