At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Senior Writer, Communications to join our Communications team.
Reporting to the VP, Content Marketing & Communications, the Senior Writer, Communications is responsible for playing an integral role in the development and delivery of communications programs that support the company’s mission and strategic goals and helps to build its brand voice in Asset Management and NEI Investments. We are looking for an experienced, skilled and highly collaborative Senior Writer to support our marketing and communications team.
Who You Are
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What Your Day Looks Like
- Working closely with subject matter experts throughout the Asset Management organization and NEI Investments, you will envision and write a wide range of content for distribution across multiple channels
- Create sales and marketing materials, including online and traditional advertising campaigns, collateral (brochures, fact sheets, sales aids etc.), presentations, educational content, content marketing materials, etc.
- Develop website content, video scripts, email marketing initiatives, business backgrounders, blogs and social media content as well as press releases and media backgrounders
- Edit/ update existing content as needed
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
- Financial designation, such as a CFA is nice to have
- A minimum 5 years of full-time experience in communications roles writing smart, impactful B2B and B2C as part of a corporate or agency communications team and/or marketing team
- Strong background in wealth management and financial services including mutual funds and responsible investing
- Conceptual thinking with an aptitude for bringing great ideas to life
- A love of creating great copy with the ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences
- Experience developing online content and familiarity with best practices
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse stakeholders
- Strong initiative and business acumen, with insight into consumer behaviour
- Media relations and writing for search engine optimization experience is preferred
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $90 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.