At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Content Services team is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Red Hat products documentation team in Czech Republic. In this role, you will work on more than just documentation; you'll join a team that maintains their own source control repositories and manages their own testing, building, and deployment software. You will work closely with engineering teams to develop working code examples and contribute to both upstream documentation and software projects. You'll participate in customer feedback programs to ensure customer relevancy of our content. As a Senior Technical Writer, you'll also devote time for researching and understanding our solutions as well as related trends and topics in microservices. You'll create the feature documentation, user guides, and premium content to accompany Red Hat's offerings, made available online through our customer portal. You will collaborate with developers, engineers, and other subject matter experts to create content that helps our customers successfully use our offerings and solutions.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work closely with engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high quality documentation for upcoming releases of Red Hat's offerings
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer focused documentation
- Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Keep up to date on changes of our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain including the publishing platform and issue tracking tools
- Work with Quality Engineering and development to improve the accuracy of your documentation
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop working code examples
- Participate in customer feedback programs to ensure customer relevancy of our content
- Devote time to research and understand the product as well as related trends and topics
- 5-7+ years of technical writing experience in a professional or equivalent open source capacity
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Ability to collaborate in a global team environment, proactively engage subject matter experts, and follow through on commitments
- Experience with agile and comfort with rapid iteration and fast delivery
- Experience with modular or topic-based documentation
- Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry best practices
- Experience in writing clear and concise procedural documentation for a technical audience
The following will be considered a plus:
- Familiarity with Red Hat's products and related industry offerings
- Working knowledge and experience operating in a Linux environment using the command line
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.