Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a technical writer, you will work on providing a positive content experience to our users. You will be particularly focusing on content for Developer Experience. This will include writing guides for conceptual information, Workflow, HR as a Master, OIDC, SCIM, etc. to enable the developers to successfully leverage Okta’s products.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for developers, in close collaboration with engineering , product management, and documentation teams.
· Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
· Analyze customer feedback before and after producing the documentation, and enhance quality of the content accordingly.
· Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards and processes.Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 2+ years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products.
-Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
· Knowledge of API reference and developer’s documentation
· Git or Github experience is a plus
· Knowledge of Identity and Access Management products and technology is a plus
· Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an equal opportunity employer