Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) is looking for a Senior-Level Technical Writer to provide remote support.
Duties will include:
• Develop original content and update existing content including Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), Concept of Operations (CONOPS),
Policies, Standards/Guidelines, Strategic Plans, Cybersecurity Guidance,
Lifecycle Management Methodology and/or Authority to Operate
Documents, and other related security documentation.
• Assist in the development of a document management system for use by
Cybersecurity team or support the maintenance of an existing
• Manage change and version control of all assigned documentation.
• Support document quality assurance for the Cybersecurity Team including
creating, reviewing, editing, and tracking documentation.
• Solicit input by interviewing clients and internal technical staff; documenting
their processes in plain language using The Plain Language Act of 2010.
• Coordinate and facilitate client meetings to collect requirements and
feedback on documents.
• Support ad-hoc and rapid turnaround requests from internal and external
clients, including requests for audit remediation evidence.
• Assess current documentation processes, and provide process-
• Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set
standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
• Create data flows, diagrams, and charts to illustrate content.
• Minimum of 5+ year technical writing experience.
• BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in writing and/or providing quality assurance reviews of security
assessment plans, SOPS, and reports.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
• Strong technical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; impeccable grammar.
• Ability to express complex technical information in plain language.
• Experience with content management software and/or processes
preferred. Microsoft SharePoint experience is a plus.
• Attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills.
• Technical Writer certification.
• Compliance/regulatory background a plus.
• Experience in Security Assessment and Authorizations (SA&A) or
Certifications & Accreditations (C&A) documentation.
• Knowledge of NIST 800 series and/or FISMA.
• Cyber security certification (CAP, Security+).
• Familiarity with the Federal Plain Writing Act of 2010.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and write new technical, IT, or cybersecurity
• Client-facing experience, particularly in soliciting input or feedback from
clients and moderating client meetings. Consulting experience is a plus.
• Ability to discern when visual illustrations are the most effective way to
• Self-starter and problem solver.
• 3 years of federal government consulting experience.
• Excellent time-management, organizational, and communication skills.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work.
• Mature, professional attitude and appearance.
• Ability to adapt to change and remain flexible.
• Openness to continuing learning and upgrading skills.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.