Deposco is a leading provider of cloud-based Supply Chain Management and Omni-channel Fulfillment solutions.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our core product team due to growth. This role at Deposco offers the opportunity to use your professional writing experience, attention to detail to achieve perfection, and passion for training and knowledge sharing to make a direct impact on our customers’ software experience. Within a high-growth environment, you will quickly become hands-on with our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions and learn about our target markets, and use that knowledge to work with our product team on documentation, packaging, and training for these solutions. The right candidate will be proficient in the art of technical writing, and will have some experience or interest in supply chain management or related software, specifically in the areas of warehouse management (WMS), logistics, and inventory management. Successful candidates for this role could see multiple advancement and learning opportunities if willing to collaborate and execute to a high standard.
What You’ll Do
- Working as a key member of our core product team, integrate information about feature enhancements into both internal and external product documentation. Create graphics, take screenshots, and prepare content for publication.
- Learn advanced software solutions in order to be hands-on with their features, and explain the features in clear, concise language.
- Build training materials to be used across departments using detailed expertise on product features.
- Promote product adoption by developing multimedia content for engaging users.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- 5 years or more of experience working in an application software environment, delivering technical documentation and/or training materials to support software solutions.
- 6 months or more of combined experience in supply chain, retail or wholesale distribution, warehouse management systems, or warehouse control systems technologies with software development or quality assurance experience desired.
- Excellent written communication skills with a proven track record of professional technical writing.
- 1 year or more of experience using content tools such as Confluence, SharePoint, Wordpress, or MadCap Flare, including a comfortable working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with multimedia tools (such as Camtasia) as well as eLearning tools and platforms is a plus.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and collaborate with team members both technically and functionally. Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation and a passion for learning.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and execute detailed tasks in order to meet defined goals.
- Position located in our Alpharetta, GA office.
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Be part of an energetic team that is serious about delivering software to customers and cultivating our culture. We work awfully hard and are having a blast doing it. This team believes that what we are doing is a game-change in the industry.
- Best coffee machine in the business
- Standing desk (if you’re into that sort of thing).
- Corporate events including movie nights, Top Golf and other shenanigans.
- Excellent benefit package, with the majority paid for, including: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance and 401(k), as well as, as a generous paid vacation and holiday schedule!