Baicells Technologies, Inc., is looking for an experienced technical writer with a background in LTE and IP networking. The candidate will lead in researching new products and features and then plan, create, and maintain the North America team's technical customer documentation. Typical documents include hardware and solution specification sheets, installation and configuration guides, user manuals, etc.
This candidate also will assist with sales and marketing collateral development and general editing, as required. The range and delivery of content includes not only document files but also web content, brochures, video scripts, case studies, white papers, blogs, posts, and other social media. The development of content includes the ability to create graphics to illustrate concepts or clarify procedural information.
This is a regular, full-time, remote position which requires continuous learning, extensive cross-functional collaboration, and the desire to help others understand sometimes complex information.
Technical Writer responsibilities are:
- Research new product introductions (NPI), both hardware and software, and determine the impact on or gaps in existing content. Consider target markets, target audiences, the relationship of new documents to existing documents in the portfolio, content delivery platform, and content lifecycle.
- Map NPI subject-matter to the appropriate document solutions
- Research, write, and edit textual and graphical content that in many cases must be updated and maintained over time as new products and features are introduced
- Prioritize and project manage NPI document deliverables as part of the Go-to-Market requirements
- Direct other technical writers to research, write, edit, update and maintain documentation
- Stay current with all forms of source content, including technical support tickets, customer social media posts, the sales and marketing team's initiatives, and internal respositories of information, to continuously enhance your understanding and writing skills. Ask questions!
- Publish new or updated content to the Baicells website or social media platform
- Maintain version control of all files
- Periodically focus on the big picture of content across documents and synchronize where needed
- Report status of documentation deliverables to the leadership team
- Work on strategic initiatives related to the development, delivery, and management of content
- Interview customers in order to develop sales and marketing collateral such as case studies or video scripts
- Research and write technical white papers
- Develop sales and technical training material
- Edit others' documents, presentations, product announcements, etc.
Technical Writer requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Mass Communications, or similar program, or equivalent military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in technical writing and editing
- At least 2 years of experience in LTE and IP networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to discern the need for and to create illustrations that complement information
- Aggressive research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe Professional
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven project management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and documents
- Work with little supervision while meeting critical deadlines with quality content