Siege Media is growing! We were nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented SEO Analyst to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We have offices in San Diego, Austin, and New York City. This full-time position will be remote (North American applicants only) but if you are located in any of these areas, you will have access to the office and there may be occasional team meetings held when things are safe to do so. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Suggest and implement SEO best practices for client sites across a variety of industries and sizes including eCommerce, tech, and finance
- Stay up to date on SEO industry changes and communicate technical improvements to non-technical stakeholders
- Perform monthly keyword research and competitor analysis in order to generate topic ideas for client sites
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Read and interpret site code to discover technical SEO issues, such as page speed improvements, site architecture changes and crawling/indexing issues.
- Perform weekly analyses with Google Search Console and other tools to track and monitor changes
- Create beautiful spreadsheets that will drive recommendations and tell stories
- Brainstorm test ideas and experiments to improve overall search presence, content and user experience
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- Coordinate and oversee SEO-based content creation
- Generate creative link building ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- 2-4 years experience in an SEO role
- Experience with website analysis using SEO tools like Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics (crawlers, analytics platforms, CMS, marketing software, etc.)
- Technical background with the ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with conducting a full SEO site audit and pulling impactful recommendations from it, presented in a digestible format
- Solid understanding of how search engines crawl, index, and rank websites, as well as how those tasks work in different websites/industries (i.e., news, blogs, eCommerce, etc.)
- Ability to analyze data to provide impactful recommendations and decisions related to on-page, off-page and technical SEO factors
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
- History of managing client relationships and providing polished deliverables
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel) and/or the Google Doc tool suite (Sheets)
- Experience using a project management tool like Basecamp
- Experience with ecommerce websites and CMS such as WordPress and Shopify. Headless CMS experience is a plus.
- 2-3 years experience working in an agency environment
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and include the following
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- What would the Schema Person Markup for Michael Scott (from The Office) look like using JSON-LD? Please create a unique schema markup using JSON-LD for the person mentioned above.