Ready to grow?
At PatSnap when we talk about growth, we don’t just mean your career trajectory. Growth to us means creating opportunities for employees to be challenged, take ownership over initiatives, spread entrepreneurial wings and feel safe to try new things. We are passionate about creating a culture where your progression is a unique experience, with you in driver's seat.
As the leading global innovation intelligence platform, we help customers identify technological opportunities that could affect the future growth and survival of their business by connecting and analyzing information from a variety of global data points. We call this connected innovation intelligence. Not familiar with that term? Don’t worry, we’ll teach you all about it or you can learn more here.
We’re scaling quickly and looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager - Discovery who is a fearless change agent, eager to be at the forefront of innovation and not afraid to take the path less traveled. Sound like you? Then take a look at the responsibilities and requirements below, this might just be your #dreamjob.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote/work from home until we can safely return to the office.
Reporting directly to the Product Director, as the Senior Discovery product expert, you'll be working with a wide range of stakeholders and customers to fully understand the scope of the problem you are looking to solve.
An expert at understanding the 'why' and the 'what' of a problem will translate this into a clear execution plan for engineering teams. This includes creating a strong relationship with the sales and customer success teams to inform our strategic positioning to our customers, prospects, influencers, and partners.
You will also collaborate to define a clear Go-To-Market strategy by justifying and generating the necessary ROI to make your vision a success. You are highly entrepreneurial and can help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company.
What Can I Expect To Do?
- You are managing the product lifecycle from initial ideation through to revenue creation by helping to articulate the value proposition and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of your markets and product portfolio.
- You'll have an excellent opportunity to work globally with engineering, R&D, sales, marketing, and other product managers. There will be numerous opportunities to progress a successful career and make a real contribution to PatSnap's quest towards global market leadership by expanding our customer base further into the connected innovation intelligence area.
- You'll spend a good amount of your time working with our global customer base to develop relationships that will help shape the product offering and compete in a worldwide market.
- You will also be spending time with the engineering organization to help shape the product vision and strategy, getting a deep understanding of how our technologies works and how we can apply new cutting-edge tech to our customer's problems.
What would make me successful in this role?
- You have 5+ years of experience in product or closely related field with a deep understanding of SaaS and product management, including product life cycle principles and different software development models.
- Strong working knowledge of competitor, market and technology data types and the role they play in the innovation lifecycle.
- You are forward-thinking: you have a constant pulse on the market and can effectively and proactively communicate to different stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical skills: you know how to research and develop a deep understanding of market segments, their challenges, and how our products uniquely address their needs. You also can effectively validate product-market fit for new product concepts and their associated content requirements.
- You are collaborative: you are at ease working with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing stakeholders regularly to keep an ear to the ground and help position our products effectively.
- You are a strong communicator: you are an influential writer and presenter and can tailor your communication style and content to the audience.
- You possess a unique combined skilled set of strategic thinking and tactical execution to design, build, and implement various initiatives.
What Are The Challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business, you must flex to changing business priorities, so if you are adaptable and embrace change, you will thrive in this environment.
- Expansion is a central theme. We face new situations and market opportunities that we've not encountered previously. There aren't always someone's footsteps to follow, so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
- RRSP Contribution Matching
- Healthcare for you & your dependents
- Dental care for you & your dependents
- 15 days of annual leave (increases to 18 days)
- Access to mental health support
- We aim to get you covered for your working from home set up, so we will give you a 6 months worth upfront allowance to help you set you up for success, after that, you will receive it on a monthly basis.
- We hold our Values strongly:
- Integrity without compromise
- Self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Dare to dream big and make mistakes
- Teamwork and sharing
PatSnap are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, we are a disability confident employer registered in the UK, as an employer that supports people with disabilities getting into the workplace, if you identify as having a disability and meet all of the criteria set out in the job description, we will automatically give you an interview. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.