Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
Our team is united by a shared mission: powering the prosperity of family farmers around the world. If you’re a marketing leader with an interest in our mission, we’d love to meet you.
Product marketing serves as a bridge between the farmer, the product and FBN, bringing to life the voice of the customer, positioning the product to meet customer needs and partnering with the business to develop a go-to-market strategy that delivers sustainable, profitable growth for farmers and FBN alike. FBN is seeking a senior marketing leader to drive growth for the FBN DirectSM Crop Protection and biological product lines in the United States and to serve as a thought partner to international marketing teams in Canada and Australia.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to:
- Conduct market, customer and competitive analysis to effectively position and message the assigned portfolio from a customer-based perspective
- Design customer personas and journeys to effectively advance customers through the sales funnel
- Develop and support implementation of the go-to-market strategy in collaboration with commercial teams to drive revenue and gross margin growth through new customer acquisition, customer retention and growth and investments in brand equity
- Customer experience (Partner with product managers and designers, data science and the business teams to develop farmer segmentation models, buyer personas, customer journeys and product roadmaps that inform and align effective commercial activities. Collaborate with international marketing teams to deliver a consistent, signature customer experience across the globe).
- Brand strategy (Develop programs and message strategy to drive brand performance, including awareness, consideration, familiarity and customer response to key image attributes. Manage brand architecture, naming and identity development projects internally. Collaborate with international marketing teams to align brand strategy globally).
- Strategic product marketing planning (Generate marketing strategies and annual plans informed by customer insights, sales feedback, and business strategies to deliver revenue and gross margin goals for the business. Collaborate with international marketing teams to align product marketing strategy).
- Promotion design in coordination with BU leaders (Use customer feedback and research to work hand-in-hand with the business unit leaders to design effective marketing programs and promotions that drive ROI for the business).
- Production and execution of marketing campaigns that support business strategies. (Serve as the product champion and thought partner to the demand generation, creative services, public relations and marketing operations teams in the development and execution of marketing materials that align with and support business strategies).
- Measurement, analysis, and insights (Create market research programs that help FBN understand the market, competitive landscape and the motivations, needs, purchase drivers, and barriers to adoption of our customers. Understand the effectiveness of our marketing and sales initiatives).
- Develop category expertise on agronomy and crop protection and enhancement topics (Become a category expert on FBN’s core product offerings)
Common Day-to-Day Activities
- Align with the business unit commercial teams on business priorities and progress against financial plans
- Develop product and service-level positioning, value propositions and messaging for assigned portfolios.
- Partner with the demand generation and marketing ops teams to develop and optimize marketing campaigns and sales enablement programs to deliver on annual goals.
- Support internal marketing teams in the development of brand messaging, brand equity campaigns, content and collateral
- Partner with product management/designers to monitor product engagement and conversions and develop plans to enhance the product experience and customer journey
- Allocate annual marketing budget against strategic priorities and track ROI from marketing investments
- Report out to management, business unit leaders, sales and other stakeholders on marketing performance and ROI
- Conduct direct research and analysis of customer behaviors, market insight and competitive intelligence to unlock insights to help grow the business
- Lead all Crop Protection product line training and marketing communication content development efforts to support the totality of the FBN commercial organization, particularly sales and marketing.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, such as the Product Team, Category Managers, Sales and Engineering to improve the Crop Protection transaction experience for the customer and differentiation of the FBN Direct Crop Protection offering.
- Enhancing our FBN E-commerce platform to properly market/position products for web based online sales.
- 7 - 10+ years in marketing management
- Experience in ecommerce marketing and global marketing a plus
- Ability to distill complex business and technology strategies to clear marketing strategy and compelling messaging
- Left and right-brain thinking, with the ability to execute complex, quantitative analysis and develop creative brand and marketing strategies
- Ability to influence at all levels and work cross-functionally to drive major initiatives and decisions
- Analytical skill set, with experience developing analysis and reports utilizing NetSuite, Tableau and Salesforce
- Previous experience in the agricultural sector, specifically crop protection.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.