ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The Senior Marketing Writer supports Verisk’s ISO business and is an expert at transforming complicated subject matter and diverse source material into coherent and engaging communications.
Responsible for developing compelling articles and marketing materials on cutting-edge topics and working on several projects to help promote ISO thought leadership and expertise.
- Develop and write content for articles, white papers, reports, websites, e-mail campaigns, brochures, and presentations.
- Deliver clear, concise, and compelling writing on tight deadlines in accordance with standards for quality and timeliness.
- Proofread content from other writers and marketing colleagues as assigned.
- Manage multiple writing tasks at the same time and find ways to ensure they’re completed on time.
- Act as a project leader for assigned marketing communications programs, including marketing planning as required and budgeting.
- Assist in identifying, coordinating, and implementing projects that accomplish the division’s messaging goals and marketing needs.
- Perform all core requirements of the position and all special projects and other duties as assigned with certain degree of autonomy.
- Bachelor’s degree — preferably in English, journalism, marketing, or communications or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and corporate communications, or journalism.
- Experience as a professional journalist or producing content that is delivered on a frequent basis in a corporate setting preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to interact, collaborate, and communicate effectively with individuals of all levels across areas.
- Experience writing both short- and long-form content.
- Superior analytical and promotional marketing skills. Good working knowledge of communications technology and various social media.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.