We’re looking for a curious, creative and collaborative leader to fill a high-impact role as Senior Manager, Content to run the Content Services and Video teams at Zapier.
There is no sales team at Zapier. Our content is essential to growing revenue through self-service channels. We’re interested in building an award-winning Content team, and you’ll be instrumental to our success.
The Senior Manager, Content is a new role within Zapier’s Content and Communications team. You’ll be responsible for guiding and growing two sub-teams who support the content needs of all teams at Zapier.
Our Content Services team fulfills content needs across the company and ensures consistent messaging and style. Our Video team creates high quality educational content that brings Zapier to life through sight, sound, and motion.
You’ll develop the strategy, guide team leads, analyze results, and collaborate with cross-functional teams in Content and Communications, Marketing Programs, Product, Advertising, and Email and more to help them reach their goals with the help of content.
If you’re interested in driving your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply for a job at Zapier. Here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look into life at Zapier.
Our Commitment to ApplicantsCulture and Values at ZapierZapier Guide to Remote WorkZapier Code of ConductDiversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have 7+ years of content marketing experience, ideally in the technology industry. You have experience developing long and short-form content, webinars, website copy, newsletters, and other digital marketing copy. You understand the content lifecycle, you’ve worked with internal stakeholders to deliver content, and you know what high quality content looks like. Experience with video is a bonus, but not a requirement.
You’re familiar with content production. You’re familiar with content production processes and delivering content to internal stakeholders. You’re able to assess resourcing requirements, negotiate and manage schedules to ensure that they fit into Content Services and Video’s service level agreements (SLAs).
You know how to measure content. You understand how content fits into the customer journey, and you understand how to use data to analyze and report on the effectiveness of top-of-funnel, mid-funnel, and bottom-of-funnel content.
You accelerate the skills and careers of content marketing specialists. You have a track record of hiring, developing, and growing exceptional content marketing teams.
You’re organized and enjoy building processes. No process? No problem! As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build new frameworks and improve current processes that’ll make our team more efficient over time.
You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
Things You’ll Do
- Develop Content Services and Video strategies that align with Zapier’s business goals
- Grow the skills of the Content Services and Video teams, including Lead Specialists, writers, and editors.
- Work with Lead Specialists to organize production schedules across multiple projects for internal clients at varying stages of completion.
- Assess staffing requirements, negotiate, and manage delivery schedules with cross-functional team leads. This includes making recommendations to outsource content creation when necessary.
- Work closely with the Content and Communications team, and partner with other teams such as Marketing Programs, Partnerships, Advertising, and Email to set content strategy.
- Travel of 5-10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
ur team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, and Australia. You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
* Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, UK, and Canadian employees.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct_ provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base._