*When I Work is a remote first company. While we have an office in Minneapolis, we are considering this a nationwide search. Due to the pandemic, our entire staff is remote for now. However, if an onsite location is important to you in your search, you are welcome to work from our Minneapolis HQ once our offices re-open.
As a Senior Copywriter, you will be the voice of the When I Work brand. You will work with partners across the organization to drive business outcomes with action-driving, customer-first copy. You will report to the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager and work closely with them to create messaging for all marketing materials. You have a proven track record in writing, specifically marketing copywriting. You can work at a high velocity without sacrificing quality. You’re passionate about writing and know how to drive action through words. You know how to create ad copy that converts, craft emails that move a user to the next stage, and write blog posts that distill complex data into concise takeaways.
*What You’ll Be Doing *
As a Senior Copywriter, you’ll start by owning the copy across new and existing marketing campaigns. You’ll partner with team members and play a critical role in helping strategize and bring to life copy for each project. You’ll craft copy for different customer segments across mediums.
- Develop and write blog posts for Future of Work
- Work with marketing team members to help them develop the messaging strategy and execute copy for campaigns
- Leverage results from tests to inform copy iterations
- Manage input from multiple stakeholders while maintaining the voice of the brand
- Create social copy to share company updates and blog posts
- Develop messaging for cross-platform campaigns in partnership with marketing team members
- Interview customers and create compelling customer stories and capture quality quotes
- Copy edit various pieces to ensure brand voice and tone
Experience and Skills Needed
- To be successful in this role you will need to have experience writing across these types of mediums with a proven track record of driving people to take a desired action through your copy:
- Email (onboarding, upsell, lifecycle, customer marketing, etc)
- Blog articles
- Social media posts
- Ad copy (online and offline)
- Web copy
- SEO copy
- UI/UX copy
- Ebooks, white papers
- Case studies, customer quotes
- Sales enablement
- Copy editing
- 5+ years copywriting experience in a professional setting
- Demonstrates an ability to efficiently and effectively write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy in a brand’s voice and tone across multiple brand touchpoints
- Experience interpreting data and metrics and adjusting copy to drive a desired action, outcome, or result
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use independent judgement.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Collaborative and team oriented
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Industry specific experience
- In-house B2B experience
- Experience writing for a SaaS business
- Experience working at and writing for a technology company
- Video script and voiceover script writing experience
What’s In It For You
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Remote first culture including home office set-up stipend and ongoing telecommuter stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.