Somnio didn’t begin as an agency. We became one. Our DNA has driven us to truly understand and empathize with our clients, their customers and partners. We balance concepts with strategy, creativity with research and form with function. This formula helps us craft experiences that resonate with people.
We provide a full range of services from global campaign strategy, social media, video production and content marketing to advanced portal and website design. We genuinely care about the growth of our clients’ brands and we’re damn proud of their success.
Our roster of clients includes IBM, AVEVA, Thermo Fisher, Schneider Electric and many more.
Somnio is currently seeking a contract senior-level copywriter to join the creative studio.
We’re seeking a versatile, experienced writer with both interactive and conceptual skills who can produce and present work. This person should be ready to energetically collaborate with art directors and designers to develop compelling, thought-provoking and unexpected concepts for our Fortune 100 clients. This individual will write content for a variety of digital media executions including social, email and event campaigns, blogs and articles, conceptual manifestos and presentation deck copy, video scripts, display ads, assessment tools, interactive customer experiences and more. This person must be well organized, able to manage multiple creative projects at one time with great attention to detail, and ready to work within Somnio and client strategic and brand guidelines.
Note: This role is considered full-time freelance. The freelance employee can be located anywhere in the US, including all 50 states and territories in any US time zone. The freelance employee must be able to work 40-50 hours per week and be able to start by Mid-March.
- At least 5 years of interactive copywriting experience in an agency setting
- Extensive B2B writing and content development experience
- A deep understanding of various digital channels, web, social media, etc., and ideally you appreciate the strengths of each platform and can adapt content accordingly
- A general understanding of UX and UI and the express the ability or willingness to write for these asset types
- A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of web trends and technologies
- Portfolio of original work highlighting the ability to communicate with a clear, effective voice to support an organizing idea
- A talent for creative problem solving and collaboration
- Ability to make high-tech solutions accessible and understandable to a wide audience
- An interest in a myriad of subjects and the ability to pull from a diverse array of material for inspiration
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while flexibly managing your time on multiple projects
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and diverse writing demands simultaneously
- Proven aptitude for quick, effective creative thinking with acute attention to detail despite demanding deadlines
- Sound understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between messaging and visual elements
- Voracious curiosity about technology, tech culture, gadgets, inventions and the latest strides in advertising and marketing (hint: our CEO loves this stuff)
- Openness to feedback and constructive criticism from numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt and modify work in the interest of project success over personal preference
- A B.A. in English, Journalism, Advertising or related field is preferred; a design background is a major plus
Areas Of Work
- Work with creative, strategic and account relationship teams to develop innovative strategies to effectively communicate a client’s unique message
- Organize complicated content to optimize information delivery and flow
- Participate in content strategy development and workshops with a variety of clients
- Collaborate with client teams on goals, guidelines, brand stewardship and creative work
- Work with other Somnio copywriters and contract artists to ensure rhetorical and narrative cohesion of projects
- Collaborate with the Somnio design team and any contracted team members to create content that brings project deliverables to life
- Collaborate on concepts and create copy for storyboards, UX/UI/IA assets and campaign manifestos and presentations
Our Core Values
- We are positive
- We are talented
- We enthusiastically serve clients
- We are open-minded problem solvers
- We are collaborative across teams
- We are committed.