Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for all external and internal copywriting initiatives. As a Senior Copywriter at Nuro, you’ll be joining a brand team producing exciting and engaging content that will help build Nuro’s brand and allow us to solidify public trust in our mission. We’re looking for an excellent writer who has the versatility to write in multiple voices and feels equally comfortable writing crisp, short copy as well as longform narratives.
About the Work
- Plan, draft, and edit all Nuro written content and copy for external and internal use.
- Write and strategize within the established brand guidelines across mediums such as website, blog, social media channels, video productions, digital campaigns, and many others
- Champion and guide the company's brand voice, tone and style guides both internally and externally
- Partner with Communications, Policy, Executive Leadership Team, and People team to support copywriting efforts with an aim to establish brand consistency
- Lots of variability in potential projects that span from creative, to business, to UI/UX writing
- Spearhead all things copywriting to ensure that all content aligns with the Nuro brand
- 5+ years experience writing in-house for brands or agencies
- Degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English, Communications or relevant work experience
- Strong portfolio of work displaying mastery of brand tone and voice across multiple formats (digital, video, social, etc)
- Previous experience supporting and understanding how to prioritize cross-functional team requests
- Excellent at managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a rigorous attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast paced environment; must be comfortable pushing out large volume of work in short timelines when necessary
- Experience taking technical topics and distilling them into compelling narratives
- Someone who never misses a period and has an appreciation of the oxford comma
- Mastery of the AP handbook
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.