Mering, a company of The Shipyard, is a full-service, independent consumer action agency. Known for our memorable creative campaigns, we create work that moves people to engage with your brand and drive positive business outcomes.
We recently joined forces with The Shipyard, a leading, independent marketing agency specializing in digital and data science. Their unique philosophy and approach is what they call Marketing Engineering.
Together, we are a fiercely independent, results-driven agency with enhanced expertise and a strong, diversified client roster that includes major brands such as In-N-Out Burger, Bollé, Visit California, Vision Service Plan/VSP, Tahiti Tourism, San Diego Gas & Electric, and many more. An integrated agency brand will launch in early 2021.
Read more about our newly founded partnership here: https://mering.com/tsy-mering
The agency has had significant momentum and is on a roll with new business. We’re 120 people strong across four cities (Columbus, OH, Newport Beach, Sacramento, and San Diego, CA), and we’re still growing.
We are looking for a smart, experienced, and creative Senior Copywriter to join our West Coast team.
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for writing copy that is clear, concise, and conversational for a variety of advertising and marketing campaigns within an agency. We are looking for a versatile writer who can crisply, cleanly, and cleverly communicate through ideas, headlines, scripts, and content. This person is equally dependable with concepting and execution. This role requires creativity, attention to detail, marketing knowledge, and the ability to write for various formats.
What You'll Do
- Write, edit and publish concise and compelling brand-voiced content.
- Articulate ideas into simple narratives for experience and presentation.
- Collaborate with Art Directors to conceive creative ideas and then own the writing craft through execution.
- Take on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of creative copywriting experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Experience in digital advertising, online video, social, as well as “traditional” broadcast production.
- A wide range of client experience (everything from CPG to B2B is a plus).
- A proactive approach to the problem.
- Has strong computer and technical skill sets and knowledge.
- Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once, achieving performance objectives within defined timeframes.
What You'll Get
- 15 days of vacation time + 5 days of sick time (annually)
- Paid holidays
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program with employer matching
- Paid volunteer program
- Dog-friendly offices
- Company-provided snacks and beverages (yes, beer and wine included)
- … and lots more!