As part of the editorial team, you will research, write and publish new product reviews and finance news articles to improve and expand our websites.
As our new writer, you will conduct research for product reviews, proofread articles before publication, publish your writing on WordPress, and write relevant finance articles for publication on news sites. Your task will be to deliver high-quality pieces that appeal to our audience, attract customers and boost brand awareness. And we hope that you have fun doing it.
You must retain a keen interest to learn as this is a very dynamic online industry that changes with the times. As part of a dynamic creative team, it will be necessary to adapt to established best practice procedures across our systems. The successful candidate will have no problem learning and embracing these procedures and systems.
If you are familiar with producing commercial content in an online or offline role, have an eye for detail, and enjoy working in a fast-moving and creative role, we would like to further discuss the role. We all work remotely from home, so you need to be a self-starter and keep to deadlines – often self-imposed.
- Researching potential clients (combining online sources, legal documents, and media reports) for the purpose of writing reviews and other copy.
- Writing clear and concise review copy to honestly capture our client’s services.
- Uploading the copy, with suitable images/video, to our content management system.
- Writing, proofing, editing, and improving existing copy
- Research potential clients (combining online sources, legal documents, and media reports)
- Write clear and concise review copy to honestly capture our client’s products and services.
- Write, proofread, and edit other content such as writing articles for news sites.
- Submit work to the editorial team for input and approval.
- Coordinate with business development to maintain coherence across the business.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone).
- Update and improve website content as needed
- Proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter, or similar role. Experience with writing financial/business copy a plus.
- Proven ability to write high-quality, engaging, relevant, and concise content.
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple language.
- A keen eye on how to balance an article - delivering authority alongside brevity to entertain the reader while providing accurate information.
- Excellent communication skills and a fast learner.
- Experience with considering commercial aspects when writing copy.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress) a plus.
- An independently motivated worker who is able prioritise and structure their work life to meet deadlines
You will start working part time on an hourly rate. The role will be an initial 20 hours/week for a month-long probation period – but ramping up to closer to full time if we find the right person.
Who we are:
We are a small, fun, dispersed team from very different professional backgrounds. We manage a global network of guides and review sites for Forex traders and brokers. We are committed to providing high-quality and honest content for our audience and have a tireless dedication to improvement. We believe that freedom comes with responsibility, and we value a positive work-life balance.