"Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely. "
A content strategist between GMT-7 and GMT+2 that will join our design team and help establish our brand voice and tone, as well as elevate the copywriting on our products. You obsess over well crafted messaging, and can bring a friendly but concise tone to our products. You will enable our product design team to work faster and understand how to write better content.
- Working experience as a content strategist or UX writer
- Experience with design-oriented tech companies
- Worked with a design and engineering team to ship product copy collaboratively
- Worked on projects to develop and implement brand voice and tone
- The ability to own UX writing at a company and be an advocate for well written content
- Having worked on help centers, technical product announcements, and email communications.
- Experience writing for the ecommerce industry
- Experience working on a remote team
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.