Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for an inspired and passionate Content & SEO Specialist to join our growing Marketing team. Reporting to the Performance Marketing Lead and working directly with our Content Writer, you’ll contribute to our content strategy and help promote new MQL growth.
You will contribute technical and on-page (content) SEO expertise through research, backlink strategies, and briefs and outlines for new content, with one eye on the needs of our readers and the other on SERPs. You’ll also own the overall content and SEO strategy, which includes planning content with our current SEO agency.
- Develop an iterative SEO content strategy to increase traffic and MQLs, and to improve SERP rankings through organic content
- Use whitehat SEO techniques (on- and off-page) from the beginning stages of content development.
- Coordinate with our current SEO agency to maximize output.
- Communicate iterative strategies with the marketing team, and report on the results of our SEO efforts.
- Be involved at tactical and strategic levels, in both technical and on-page (content) SEO practices.
- Find ways to always bring our content back to our product (Hotjar) and how it can help our readers solve their most painful challenges.
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do by speaking to them, listening to them, and creating unique content-driven experiences for them.
- You have experience in SEO content strategy for B2B and/or SaaS companies, and have successfully ranked and maintained difficult keywords.
- You have an in-depth understanding of whitehat SEO techniques, both on- and off-page, and have experience developing, implementing, and maintaining comprehensive SEO-friendly site architecture.
- You know how to plan and lever SEO content to promote meaningful, high-quality traffic.
- You are familiar with CRO and optimization, web analytics, and/or user experience.
- You’re a customer-centric marketer.
- You have a desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- You agree to submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €70,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.