WriterAccess, an award-winning software platform connecting thousands of businesses with professional writers, editors, translators, and designers, is looking for a Sr. Content Marketing Manager to help us grow our business organically—the content marketing way. You'll find us on the Inc 5000 List for the last five years, growing wildly despite the pandemic.
The Job In a Nutshell
Imagine access to a small army of freelance writers, looking to you for hot topics for blog posts, social posts, and guides published daily. Now imagine the opportunity to work with hundreds of content marketing thought leaders and influencers that speak at our annual content marketing conference in Boston.
You'll need to be as passionate about content marketing as you are about creating a steady stream of optimized content designed to engage readers and keep them coming back for more. And experience developing content strategy for brands, including the development of buyer personas, customer journey maps, keyword research and creative briefs-- that delivers on content performance goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- Revamping our content plan
- Developing content strategy to achieve goals
- Managing the editorial calendar
- Optimizing content to achieve performance goals
- Creating guides, white papers, video scripts and more
- Researching fresh topics for content projects
- Directing a small team of full-time marketers
- Working with freelance writers to crank out content
- Leading our new Academy and content strategy certification
What We Want
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a content marketing role
- Knowledge and interest with content marketing
- SaaS or PaaS work experience a big plus
- Super strong editing and writing skills
- Super strong communication skills with clients
- Strong presentation or speaking skills
- Experience managing and training freelance writers
- Self-directed, self-motivated and proactive
- Organization and time management skills
- Digital marketing performance knowledge
- Build a content marketing team (2 to 3 members)
- Master the art and science of content marketing
- Learn the latest content strategy methodology
- Tap the latest content marketing technology
- Train content strategists in our certification program
- Build connections with content marketing thought leaders
- Advance to Director of Content Marketing
What You Get
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus plan based on individual and company performance
- Health benefits and team incentive programs
- Content marketing focus and career advancement
Why Choose Us
Our leaders are passionate about the business, fun and easy to work with, and proven professionals with a track record that's a mile long. We treat our liberated workforce of freelance writers like gold, with transparent pay rates, fair pricing, and free educational podcasts, webinars, and certifications to advance their careers. Our employees are motivated by our positive culture and growth history that moves their career in the right direction—Upward. And we keep everyone chipper all the time with an annual gathering at our conference in Boston, and bonuses paid on company performance.
Send us a uniquely dazzling cover letter expressing your genuine interest, freakishly amazing skills, and passion for work and life that sets you apart. You'll need a positive outlook on life that aligns with our culture and core values. Look for a prompt response as we aim to fill this position immediately.