Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
Hotjar wants to make the web a better place. Many digital experiences, whether on desktop or mobile, are not user-friendly; and a lot of websites leave people frustrated or confused. We are working hard to change that.
We’re building easy-to-use, intuitive behavior analytics software for businesses selling online, with a focus on helping website owners really understand how their users (you and me) experience their site. We want to help our customers find out what people love—or hate—about their website, so they can make the most impactful changes to it and give their users the experience they deserve.
About the role
You’ve read this far—what do you think of the Hotjar brand? We believe that a company's brand is an essential part of its identity. We want to build a brand that communicates what we stand for; both our vision and our values. We’re not there yet.
That's where you come in. You are passionate about brand-building and writing. You're both creative and practical: you can update our “tone-of voice” guidelines one minute, give feedback on the copy for an advert the next, and dive deep into writing a content piece.
If that sounds like you, keep reading…
What you’ll do
- Reporting to the Director of Demand Generation, you’ll “own” Hotjar´s overall voice and messaging. This means that you will:
- Oversee our style guides, tone of voice, and messaging of all content
- Identify what is unique about the Hotjar voice and promote that internally
- Design and maintain the systems that we will follow to ensure of all our content meets the quality standard that you have set
- You will provide a remarkable editing and writing service to the rest of Hotjar when they have editing or copy needs—whether that be editing copy for a new creative advert, editing a thought-leadership piece produced by freelancers, or writing an employer branding piece for our People team
- You will work with others in the Brand team to create Brand marketing campaigns that raise awareness of Hotjar. We're looking for creative ideas that solidify our position as a leading provider of behaviour analytics software
- You will use data and measurement to understand what resonates with our audience. You'll track the performance of all types of content and give feedback to the wider team on the basis of this data
- You have previously built a tone of voice that people love
- You have created successful brand awareness marketing campaigns with results you're proud of
- You have a simple approach to developing style guidelines, and the passion to promote to the company as a whole
- An exceptional background as a writer and editor that enables you to provide immediate feedback to the team
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you!