Hi, we're Fever & Secret Media Network!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (such as Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret) through technology to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever & SMN are present in over 50 cities worldwide, in countries such as the UK, US, Canada, France, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and Spain, and are constantly striving to expand to new markets. Backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia, we have continued to disrupt the entertainment space (even during the pandemic) with socially-distanced event launches like the Stranger Things Drive Into— the largest event in the world in 2020!
About the Internship
The Secret Media Network (which publishes Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Secret London, etc.) is looking for an ambitious, creative and talented intern content creator/writer to join our editorial team and create inspiring content for our sites and social channels.
Based in Chicago, you'll be joining a small but mighty editorial team covering the best of arts, culture, food and drink in the city. You'll get critical digital newsroom experience in writing, researching, and sharing content, using all of our in-house systems to deliver the best content!
We're looking for a talented content creator to write brilliant articles about culture, entertainment, food & drink, and things to do in and around Chicago for our Secret Chicago platforms.
About the Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding digital focus stories and generating lots of article ideas, always thinking about its amplification on social media channels.
- Stay current on digital technology, data tools and social media trends.
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles and other social content and formats such as stories, video scripts, and social media copy captions.
- Little by little you’ll become an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories and happenings in that city.
What you should be bringing to the table:
- Previously published writing we can look at - student work and blog posts are all fine!
- Social media content creation skills are a plus (anything from TikToks to Twitter)
- Passionate about city life and the topics we cover
- Excellent news sense and understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content popular online
- A can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion
- School credit (if applicable)
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!