At Dascena, we are applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques in order to help save lives. We have partnered with healthcare providers across the country in order to deploy predictive machine learning technologies that assist clinicians in providing the best care to their patients.
As a Biostatistics/Clinical Trial Design Scientific Researcher and Writer at Dascena, you will deeply research a wide range of medical fields and provide context and goals for our dynamic pipeline of algorithm-based medical solutions. You will refine research questions, define hypotheses, design studies and devise analysis plans.
You are familiar with methods to control for confounding (e.g. regression methods, propensity score methods, and inverse probability of treatment weighting), familiar with basic power calculation and sample size determination methods, and comfortable performing statistical analyses. A background in biostatistics, epidemiology of chronic diseases, or a related field will be helpful to fulfill these requirements.
You will create content for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals, help us in our mission to communicate our scientific research to the broader community, and develop grants and oversee applications for NIH and NSF funding.
You will work closely with our data science team to support our clinical machine learning R&D. You will collaborate on FDA submissions and communications, and generate content and documentation for a wide range of activities and presentations.
If you have a passion for working on large datasets, leading in-depth research, learning and implementing the newest techniques, and brainstorming the next best idea, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do
- Assisting in clinical study design and proposal development for diverse studies across varying medical indications.
- Designing power calculations and sample size determinations for prospective studies.
- Ensuring that prospective study endpoints are clinically relevant, supported by the literature, and feasible to power a study for.
- Determining when retrospective studies require methods to control for confounding and working with data scientists to develop an analysis plan to address confounding.
- Analysis of prospective and retrospective patient data.
- Comprehensive research in various medical fields, and synthesizing complex scientific content.
- Writing, editing and revising manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Writing, editing and revising HHS BARDA and NIH and NSF (SBIR) grant applications.
- Articulating the intellectual merit and broader impact of projects.
- Providing support and project management to help develop and prepare proposals.
- Preparing and revising manuscripts for submission to journals and government agencies.
- Working closely with technical teams to achieve manuscript, grant, and FDA goals, and develop new applications.
What You Have
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field and at least 3 years of experience. PhD preferred.
- Proven experience with clinical trial design and analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methods used in clinical trial design and analysis.
- Minimum 2 years scientific writing experience. Strong track record of posters/presentations and publications is highly desirable.
- Outstanding clear and concise writing skills for scientific and technical documents.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent communications skills, and a commitment to accurate, rapid, and clear communication.
- Flexibility and the ability to multitask and quickly prioritize work assignments to deadlines.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround.
- Background in medicine, biology, or other life science. Experience with machine learning a plus.
- Experience with FDA a plus.
- Primary author writing sample from scientific manuscript or grant
- Cover Letter
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Flexible hours and PTO
- Remote work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To build a diverse workforce, Dascena encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Dascena is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.