Trace Genomics has developed the first analytics engine that learns as it maps the living soil. Founded in 2015 to serve the farming community, Trace Genomics helps growers maximize the value of every acre.
The company is building the largest, most actionable body of soil intelligence, making thousands of growers experts on what’s underground. Working collaboratively across the agriculture ecosystem, Trace Genomics helps growers optimize costs, manage risk and protect their soil.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley—led by industry veteran Dan Vradenburg and founded by two female PhDs from Stanford University—Trace Genomics is having a meaningful impact on the future of food.
- This is a job for someone with a strong scientific and technical background who is passionate about translating complex scientific information into concise, understandable, engaging, and accurate sound bites for a variety of stakeholders. The ideal candidate to join our team is a strategic thinker with good judgment, and the interpersonal skill to build collaborative relationships with marketing, and technical experts including scientists and agronomists.
- This position is primarily responsible for developing, writing, and editing content intended for investors, board, customers and partners as well as internal teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop compelling scientific and technical content and data stories to support our internal and external product and communication strategies.
- Develop targeted illustrative messages.
- Conduct background research and fact checking with an exceptional level of due diligence on agronomic, environmental, sustainability, microbiome, soil science and technology-related subjects for use in internal and external facing materials.
- Collaborate closely with Science, Marketing and Product/Commercial teams.
- Degree or equivalent experience in biology, agronomy, (microbial) ecology, biogeochemistry, environmental science or other related field
- Technical expertise to comprehend scientific, agronomic or environmental context and ability to independently perform background research on specific topics
- Demonstrated professional writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written)
- Strong collaborations and teamwork oriented
- Ability to form effective and productive relationships with a range of technical as well as non-technical team members
- A keen eye for basic layout and design is a plus
Writing example required as part of the interview process
Key Personal Attributes Include
Committed to our core values: Customer-Driven, Scientific Integrity, Creative Problem Solving, Diversity & Inclusion, and Fearless Determination.