Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Science Content Editor.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, _Wit & Wisdom_®, _Eureka Math_™ and _PhD Science_™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Science Content Editor supports the science program in its mission to provide accessible, NGSS-aligned science curricular materials to schools across the nation. This person works in collaboration with curriculum development and production teams to provide support to projects within the science program.
Working under the direction of the Science Managing Editor, the Science Content Editor is responsible for the following tasks, in addition to other tasks that directly support and ensure the success of the Science program.
- Revise content for scientific accuracy, consistency, style, clarity, and grade-level appropriateness.
- Ensure content meets Great Minds Editorial guidelines and writing templates.
- Collaborate with curriculum development and production services teams to ensure the release of high quality products.
- Collaborate with cross-curricular teams and implement peer revisions as necessary.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner to meet an agreed upon deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, science education, or related field; Master’s degree in science-related field or education a plus
- Experience with MS Office products; experience with Adobe products a plus
- Experience with implementing house editorial style guidelines
- Familiarity with _Chicago Manual of Style_ a plus
- Familiarity with the NGSS
- Familiarity with Common Core State Standards a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail while maintaining a perspective of the totality of the project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining the quality of the product
- Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently but also to exercise good judgement when making work-related decisions
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies and processes
- Ability to positively receive and implement constructive feedback
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers
- Available to travel for work-related commitments a plus
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.