Please note that our virtual National Operations Center is a 24/7 operation with three shifts. Candidates applying for this role must be available to work the 6am-3pm EST morning shift.
Citizen is a free app that keeps you and your loved ones safe. It is a powerful force for good that has already evacuated people from burning buildings, diverted school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and reunited missing children with their parents.
Using our unique technology, 911 alerts are made available to the public and are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content to provide you with the information you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
This year Citizen will expand further across the United States with the express mission of making your world a safer place. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up nationwide. With a group of passionate builders from Facebook, Square, Uber, Google and HQ Trivia, Citizen is the company your current company doesn’t want you to know about.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, and Goodwater Capital and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Team
The virtual National Operations Center is Citizen’s 24/7 newsroom. The talented, detail-oriented, and creative individuals on this team are the frontline of our business. Every incident created in the Citizen app is managed by a Safety Alert Writer. Many of Citizen’s Safety Alert Writers are former journalists, copywriters, content creators, and first responders—but most importantly have a passion for keeping their communities safe and informed.
We are looking for collaborative and mission-driven problem solvers to join our growing virtual National Operations Center. Safety Alert Writers are responsible for managing a specific territory, sometimes an entire city, for developing public safety emergencies during their shifts. The majority of their time is spent monitoring and listening to various data and audio sources in order to collect, process, and translate safety notifications to millions of Citizen users in real-time and help them stay safe.
Please note that we run a 24/7/365 operation and new team members who have the flexibility to take on weekend shifts are more likely to be considered.
- Educate and empower users to keep them safe through real-time reporting on crime and public safety emergencies
- Monitor, interpret, and moderate multiple streams of data including police scanners
- Exercise superb editorial judgment on sensitive subject matter
- Research local news in Citizen’s coverage areas
- Collaborate with colleagues to investigate breaking national or international stories
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English; excellent writer with flawless grammar
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- 60+ WPM typing speed (visit: https://www.ratatype.com/typing-test/ to confirm)
- Resilient, resourceful, and adaptable
- Conscientious, demonstrating a high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Ex-journalists, reporters, editors, writers, producers, first responders, public safety officials, criminology buffs; experience in another creative field, startup, or fast-paced environment a plus
- Bonus: experience using Citizen and listening to police radio
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, overtime, meals, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.