We're a young, fast-growing resume writing company looking to add exceptional resume writers to our team. We are a 100% remote-based business helping individuals during transitional periods in their professional careers. As a member of our resume writing team, you’ll write resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and other career-related documents. You’ll also have the opportunity to provide personalized application assistance, interview preparation, and other career consulting services.
About the job
- You'll have your own company email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You'll interact directly with customers. Interaction is done via email, but some packages that customers order involve phone calls.
- You'll have access to resources to help you, including resume examples / templates, cover letter examples / templates, email templates, and support from other writers and TopStack staff.
- You'll be added to our corporate Slack account, which is essentially a group chat program, where you can chat with all team members.
- Our goal is to provide flexible work, remote work opportunities in a highly supportive work environment.
Here are some characteristics of people that would fit well with our company
- You want recurring, consistent work that gives you a high degree of flexibility. When customers place orders, the order information goes onto our job board. You request the jobs you want, when you're available. You are not assigned work.
- You can work with a lot of autonomy. We provide general guidelines and advice on how to interact with customers and write resumes, but you have a lot of discretion and are encouraged to find a process that makes you the most effective and efficient with your time.
- You can build relationships with customers over email. Most of the interaction you do with customers will likely be via email. Building a level of trust will give customers confidence during what is typically an uncertain transitional period in their careers. The best writers not only produce effective resumes & other documents, but they do it in a way that gives the customer confidence.
- You can work well with new systems and are comfortable with remote work. We use Slack, Trello, Gmail, and other software programs on a daily basis. You need to be comfortable navigating between them and comfortable learning new processes.
- You have experience with resume writing, career counseling, career coaching, and/or hiring.
HOURS / COMMITMENT
Generally speaking, we are looking for writers that can do 20+ resumes per month. At minimum, you should be doing 10+ resumes per month. That said, you control your schedule and workload. Our writers request jobs that are available based on their interest and availability to fulfill them.
All resume writers are paid based on the number of orders they complete. We offer competitive rates, but we don’t currently post them publicly. We will reach out to qualified applicants with a rate schedule. Our full-time writers typically earn $4000 to $6000 per month. Our part-time writers typically earn $1500 to $3000 per month. Payments are made every week, on Monday, for all work completed and paid for by 11:59pm EST Sunday.
- 3+ years of experience in resume writing OR 5+ years of cumulative experience in the following areas: Human Resources (hiring), career services, career consulting, or recruiting
- Certification from one of the major career organizations is preferred but not required (NRWA, CDI, CPRW, CRS etc.)
- Knowledge of various resume formats, ATS capabilities and the ability to determine the best formats for each individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.