Collider is looking for an eager and talented Freelance Resource Writer to join the team.
Collider is the ultimate source for impactful entertainment news. We deliver the biggest, most important industry happenings, and provide deep analysis and sharp commentary through interviews, reviews, and much more.
As a Resource Writer, you will be focused on writing in-depth, extended lists, explainers, and guides with a heavy focus on SEO-driven keywords and evergreen content. Those articles will cover a wide range of topics, from classic films to the newest streaming movies, TV, hidden gems in entertainment, fandoms (popular topics include: Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Jurassic Movies, and more), gaming, and others.
- Contribute 5 resource articles per month.
- Work under tight deadlines and submit tasks on time.
- Able to maintain a contracted freelance schedule.
- Reporting to various Editors and implementing feedback efficiently.
- Adherence to a style guide.
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing.
- Ability to source information/news from different websites
- Broad knowledge of TV/Movie history and culture.
- A solid grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate niche ideas to a wide audience.
- Experience with Emaki is an asset.
Here are some examples of our most common resource articles:
- Streaming Guides:https://collider.com/best-movies-on-netflix-streaming/
- Best-of Lists:https://collider.com/best-psychological-thrillers/
- Cast & Character Guides :https://collider.com/witcher-cast-characters/
- Ranked Lists:https://collider.com/godzilla-monsters-ranked/
The hiring team at Collider will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: https://collider.com/
**This is a contracted, work from home, freelance position**