Are you a naturally curious person who loves research, monitoring trends, and deriving insights from data?
Do you have a unique combined skill set of data analysis and storytelling?
And have you ever wondered if the perfect job combining those skills exists?
Fortunately, it does, and you might be the right person for the job!
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses. We provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need to do it.
We’re growing, and we’re looking to add a Research Analyst & Writer to our Content & Communications team.
Where would this person be located? Great question! We’re a remote-first company and hope to hire this Research Analyst & Writer anywhere between the ET - PT time zones.
This is your opportunity to be an instrumental member of the marketing team, driving thought leadership and data-driven insights to educate and inform ecommerce sellers and to grow brand awareness for Jungle Scout.
You will report to the Director of Content & Communications and work closely with the marketing, design, and data science teams to create cohesive, thought-leading reports to drive awareness, traffic, and leads for Jungle Scout.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What you will be doing
- Research and analysis:
- Conducting original research and data analysis, which may include synthesizing raw data in partnership with Jungle Scout’s data science team, fielding surveys, analyzing third-party data, and more
- Delivering insights and creating thought leadership reports with clear, contextual, and actionable narratives for audiences including ecommerce sellers, global brands, and journalists
- Producing regular thought leadership reports, including consumer trends surveys, global trade and ecommerce reports, and more
- Identifying and executing new data thought leadership projects from analysis to content creation to distribution
- Subject matter expertise:
- Researching and gaining expertise in ecommerce industry trends
- Working with internal stakeholders including PR, content, social media, product marketing, and more to apply data insights and thought leadership for cross-functional benefit
Who you are
- Researcher AND writer. This role requires both a keen interest in data analytics and an ability to turn data insights into stories. You have the ability to explore a data set, understand and organize it, and craft a narrative that informs, enlightens, and entertains its audience.
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, with the mission of providing powerful data and insights to help entrepreneurs and brands grow successful Amazon businesses.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.