Do you have a background in journalism and are passionate about finding news stories that matter most in Europe's tech ecosystem? Looking to be part of an international team and still have the flexibility to work remotely within Europe?
We are looking for a part-time reporter to regularly contribute journalistic stories in English about the latest tech and entrepreneurship news in Europe. A person that’s a self-starter and passionate about reporting from the region.
As a part-time reporter you will need to contribute four shorter-form news brief articles per week (400-600 words).
Each article will be paid USD $20 - up to USD $320 per month in total.
Founded by Adrian Pica and Agata Kukwa back in 2014, 150sec became part of the ESPACIO Media Incubator in 2017. Originally reporting on the CEE ecosystem, 150sec has expanded its focus to encompass all of Europe’s emerging startup scenes. Their mission is to build a community beyond the bubble – from today’s startup underdogs to tomorrow’s thought leaders.
Please submit your English CV and writing portfolio
- Regularly contributing stories to the publication
- Maintain a contact database of sources for stories
- Promote articles online and engage on social media
- Contribute to growing publication’s readership and brand
- Regularly discuss story topics with Managing Editor of Espacio Media Incubator
- Background in journalism/reporting
- Professional-level English, with impeccable grammar, writing and communication skills
- 1-3 years of reporting experience at news outlets
- Takes initiative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivated, energetic
- Must spend most of the year in Europe
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote working environment with an international team
- Growth opportunities within the Espacio Media Incubator
- Collaboration with larger Espacio Media Incubator partners (e.g. editors who’ve written for Rolling Stone, The Atlantic, TechCrunch, Times of London, The Telegraph and more)
- Support from Espacio Media Incubator to help grow your own profile as well as that of the publication
- Travel reporting grants available.