dot.LA is the premier source of news and information for Los Angeles’ tech and startup community. Launched in January 2020, dot.LA has quickly built a sizable audience and become an influential outlet publishing stories on Southern California’s expanding tech, startup and venture capital ecosystem.
We are looking for freelance contributors who have expertise in a variety of areas that intersect with technology and business—from entertainment, social media and cryptocurrencies to transportation, health and science, and public policy, among others. We are looking for writers willing to pursue in-depth, originally reported profiles and features, as well quick news turnarounds and events coverage.
Have a story to pitch? Send us your ideas and include how you would cover it, who you’d ideally interview and what questions you’d seek to answer. Also, please include details about your desired compensation and availability.
In the past, freelancers have gone on to establish contracts for regular writing assignments, and several have joined our staff. For information, managing editor Rey Mashayekhi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pitch, report and write original articles relevant to the tech, startup and venture capital scenes in Los Angeles and Southern California.
- Assist the dot.LA team with daily updates on Los Angeles’ tech, startup and venture capital world, as well as coverage of events and presentation
- An understanding of dot.LA's editorial voice and an interest in Los Angeles’ tech, startups and venture capital scenes.
- Experience pursuing and executing originally reported feature articles and profiles, ideally about tech- and business-related subjects.
- Experience writing clear, concise and engaging news copy for the web.