Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! Our team of bold, innovative, and creative teammates is what makes one of the top companies to work for. FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
Our fast-growing team is seeking an experienced Reference Copywriter to help build the FreightWaves Factbook, a large wiki-style repository of information about the transportation and logistics industry. You will also work closely with the editorial, media and marketing teams to create market research studies in the form of lists covering topics and companies involved in the global supply chain.
What does this mean exactly? Using our position as the definitive thought leader and information resource in the global supply chain space, we are looking for someone that can design an online product that provides a universal repository of information about global supply chain topics. This would include historical context, articles about current events, and data that can help someone researching or learning about a topic become more informed about it.
What You Will Be Doing
- Creating new ever-green content for a large industry resource
- Building and maintaining published lists of companies
- Write wiki-style entries on a variety of transportation and logistics industry topics
- Topics will cover the gamut of supply chain, trucking, railroad, air cargo, and ocean freight
- Work with FreightWaves market experts and editorial staff to source topics and content
- Conduct independent research on topics in transportation and logistics
- Collaborate with marketing on audience, lead-gen, traffic, and growth
- Leverage social media to boost the visibility of the site
What You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, writing, or journalism preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to digest new information quickly
- Eagerness to write at speed
- Comfortable working in a self-directed environment with team support
- Ability to write clear, clean English prose that simplifies niche topics
- A knack for injecting your voice into social media conversations
- Ability to interview market experts efficiently
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information and data and create a compelling story supported by the facts
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2,000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (max one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership while COVID is still a part of our daily lives)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles.