Your role in a nutshell: The Close (a leading website for real estate agents and brokers) is looking for a freelance real estate writer to create high-quality, in-depth, and actionable content for our website. Strong candidates will have proven expertise in writing engaging online content and also hands-on experience in the real estate industry.
This position includes
- Writing 1-2 high-quality articles each week and hitting deadlines
- Serving as a real estate subject matter expert when possible, and reaching out to agents with hands-on experience when necessary
- Embracing The Close Style Guide and incorporating editor feedback into future articles to ensure article quality
Our Mission: To deliver the best answers to real estate questions.
The Close is a new kind of real estate site designed to give agents, teams, and brokerages actionable, strategic insight from industry professionals. We cover real estate marketing, lead generation, technology, and team-building strategies from the perspective of working agents and brokers who want to take their business to the next level. We’ve quickly grown our site in the last two years, building an email list of over 55,000 agents and driving over 350,000 pageviews each month.
Our parent site, Marc Waring Ventures / Fit Small Business, has been named to Inc. 500's list of America’s fastest-growing private companies. Part of the team of 80+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
As a freelance real estate writer:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in real estate with a track record of success
- You have experience with real estate tools such as IDX websites or customer relationship management (CRM) software
- You are self-motivated and able to manage your time with little oversight
- You are open to feedback, and strive to learn something new every day
- You are passionate about helping emerging agents, teams, and brokerages succeed
- You want to write for a leading real estate website and are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly
- Bonus points if you have an active real estate license and strong writing portfolio
- Researching, writing, and editing long-form articles on real estate tips, tools, and tactics for agents and brokers
- Conducting interviews and securing quotes from real estate professionals and experts
- Regularly reviewing and incorporating feedback from our in-house editorial team
- Following a set content runway, meeting deadlines, and pitching your own content ideas
The best candidates for this freelance real estate writer role will be strong writers with direct experience either as a real estate agent or broker. You will have a commitment to writing high-quality articles, and perhaps most importantly, you are a passionate advocate for our ambitious real estate community.