Be the microphone to CBI’s voice. Promote tech’s hottest research. Engage with today’s most influential media.
News outlets look to CB Insights as an authoritative resource on emerging industries and technology trends. As the PR Manager, you’ll help expand our media outreach and execute expansive communications programs to increase news coverage and brand awareness.
The Role You’ll Play:
We’re looking for a curious and enthusiastic self-starter interested in translating data into newsworthy stories. An ideal candidate is a news junkie not afraid to dive deep into a wide variety of industries like digital health, retail, and fintech.
You’ll own several PR initiatives to secure coverage, increase our share of voice, and drive market awareness. You’ll play a key role in highlighting CBI’s exceptional research, the strength of our technology, and the value we provide our corporate clients. The ideal candidate will be media-savvy, have a keen eye for interesting angles, and clearly communicate with a wide variety of internal audiences, from executives to analysts.
This is a great opportunity to join the PR team of one of the fastest-growing tech startups in NYC. You’ll work hand-in-hand with the PR senior manager and director while utilizing your communications skills in a unique in-house environment.
About the Marketing Team:
The marketing team at CB Insights is big on team collaboration. Team members are willing to jump in, even if it is out of their job responsibilities and work together to get goals across the finish line. There is never a dumb question, we are always willing to sit down and talk to each other and share our knowledge. The team has a work hard play hard mentality. Hard work is valued and building relationships with team members is equally as important.
Your Main Tasks:
- Conduct proactive media outreach around CB Insights’ reports and research briefs
- Engage daily with reporters seeking data and commentary on emerging technologies
- See ideas through to coverage as you identify new editorial opportunities that span multiple verticals and potential story angles (customers, product, trends)
- Solve unforeseen challenges as a results-driven project manager who can handle multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Work closely with various internal departments to devise and execute communications programs
- Monitor press coverage and report on PR metrics, providing updates to key stakeholders
What you bring to the table:
- 4-5 years of PR/communications experience with agency background
- Critical thinker and go-getter who’s not afraid to dive into datasets and tackle niche topics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with media relationships
- BA/BS degree
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
This role is open for remote work and/or on site work in our office in NYC.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!