SEARCH is the largest archaeology and cultural resource management company in the world, and SEARCH2O is the largest underwater archaeology program. Specializing in mega infrastructure projects and emergency response on land and water, SEARCH delivers high-capacity cultural resource services directly to every region in the United States and globally.
Since 1993, SEARCH has completed more than 3,700 projects across 44 US states and 37 countries spanning five continents and three oceans. Commercial and government customers in the Energy & Power, Defense, Federal, Transportation, and Development markets have selected SEARCH for more than $300M in Prime contracts and $2.3B in Team contracts.
SEARCH specializes in the full spectrum of cultural services related to Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History, Archives, Collections Management, Museum Services, Geographic Information System (GIS), Documentary Media, and Public Affairs.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Proposal Writer. The Proposal Writer will be responsible for writing, compiling, editing, and coordinating proposals; as well as other marketing materials and data calls.
The Proposal Writer will work with Project Managers and Principal Investigators to ensure that compliant, winning proposals are developed, prepared, published, and submitted on time.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Maintain the highest professional image for our clients, coworkers, media, and general public.
- Ensure proposal responses are written to meet or exceed all Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and reflect winning strategies and themes.
- Proofread and edit proposal text for style, consistency, proper grammar, spelling, and consistency; coordinate detail-oriented data checks and reviews.
- Ensure adherence to standards and templates to present a consistent appearance/style across all proposal responses.
- Develop budgets, resource needs/plans, schedules, and outlines/tasks for scopes of proposals with a focus on proposal compliance.
- Assist with proposal kick-off meetings and data calls.
- Perform self-check of work products and coordinate independent quality-control review and compliance checks during the life cycle of the proposal in strict accordance with internal quality and proposal development procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cover letter
- Minimum of three professional references
- Two writing samples. Writing samples should be sent to [email protected]. Include the Job Posting code (ProW-2021) in the subject line of your email.
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
- This position can be based out of either Orlando or Jacksonville SEARCH offices.
- Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans.
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
- SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
- SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving, and/or employment background checks, as well as passing results from a pre‑employment drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least four (4) years of experience writing technical proposals with a winning track record.
- Experience in the planning, development, and production of cultural resource management (CRM) proposals and qualifications is preferred.
- Strong task management/coordination skills with an emphasis on responsiveness, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, time management, and quality control.
- Strong professional writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competitive Salary
- Per Diem (for overnight travel)
- SEARCH-subsidized Group Health Insurance (including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)
- SEARCH-provided Short-Term Disability Insurance
- SEARCH-provided Long-Term Disability Insurance
- SEARCH-provided Group Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Generous 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions.