When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Overview: The Proposal Writers are responsible for crafting compelling and persuasive responses to hundreds of RFPs every year as well as proactive proposals to support the sales team in securing business. You’ll collaborate with product managers, sales members, advisors, and partners from across the company and transform features and functionality into an educator-centric story of benefits and strategy.
In This Role, You Will
- Identify and develop networks with product and implementation professionals to acquire deep product knowledge and stay current on product and positioning changes.
- Facilitate collaborative discussions with key partners surrounding project positioning and strategy, and implement key takeaways in proposals.
- Develop, revise, and maintain content to build custom and compliant sales proposals which include responses to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs and proactive sales proposals.
- Edit proposals and other documents as needed to ensure the final draft presents a positive and professional image for Renaissance.
- Develops and maintains a knowledge base of current education initiatives and correlations to Renaissance products and services, as well as industry trends and competitor offerings.
- Participate in and facilitate collaborative writer discussions on key proposal topics identified throughout the year.
The ideal candidate must have:
- The ability to work in a team environment under pressure and within tight deadlines
- The interpersonal skills to balance multiple sophisticated projects at a time while adapting quickly to unforeseen changes in project scope
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field
- Five years of writing experience
Bonus Points For
- Previous proposal development experience
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals Foundation Certification. (If not currently certified, will be required to acquire certification within 18 months of hire.)
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 (This varies based on location, experience level, external market data, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Renaissance is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Renaissance will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!