JH Miles & Associates, Inc. is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer to work remotely. This is a full-time salaried position.
JH Miles & Associates, Inc. (JHMA) is a nimble, innovative and growing workforce development training, consulting and staffing firm that designs and delivers talent building programs for a range of clients.
If you meet the qualifications below, and are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply by completing the online application and emailing a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
- Hours: full time
- Must be available for scheduled meetings Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm EST
- Location: Remote/work from home
- Identify opportunities to pursue by monitoring state and federal databases
- Manage the proposal development process
- Analyze selected solicitations to identify requirements and make recommendation for go/no-go decision based on qualifications
- Work with CEO (or Volume Lead) to develop/identify win themes
- Create document layout according to solicitation requirements
- Identify and sketch artwork for each section, and work with CEO (or Volume Lead) and Graphics/Publications to develop final artwork
- Interview subject matter experts to create draft content for each section
- Create drafts of each section using Microsoft Word-based proposal template and proposal style guide
- Work with CEO (or Volume Lead) to prepare drafts for review
- Incorporate review comments, and prepare final proposal sections
- Manage the proposal submission process, including drafting detailed submission instructions for the team and ensuring that the proposals are completed and delivered on time
- Individual must be effective in a highly collaborative and high pace work environment and have leadership skills to be an effective performer and advisor to clients
- Continually update the proposal artifacts necessary for accurate, thorough, and rapid responses
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Counseling, Psychology, English, Communications, Human Resources, or Organizational Development preferred
- Minimum of five years of Government proposal writing experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 for Business suite
- Access to a computer with high speed internet and local secure data storage capabilities
- Be willing to be flexible and to continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities at a time
- Able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent research skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Write clearly, descriptively, and without reliance on jargon
- Write about detailed information with precision and clarity
- Solid grip on grammar and style
JH Miles & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.