For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: United States.
Intrado has over 40 years of experience in safety services and 911 network engineering expertise. Today, the company is focused on transforming legacy Public Safety Answering Point operations and the entire 911 emergency response continuum through data-driven solutions.
Intrado’s continued focus is on innovations that leverage vast amounts of data from multiple sources including mobile phones, IoT devices, smart speakers, artificial intelligence, geographic information systems and more. Integrating this data allows call takers, dispatchers, and first responders to make more informed decisions, respond quickly and safely, and ultimately serve their communities better.
Intrado is looking to hire a Proposal Writer to join our Life & Safety business segment.
- Research, develop, and format proposals ensuring adherence to department policies and established deadlines
- Conduct research regarding the customer’s requirements and specific location necessary to write assigned proposals (e.g., RFP, RFI, etc.) to determine scope, content, and purpose
- Develop and format proposals and responses according to proposal guidelines, striving for quality and accuracy
- Develop a proposal schedule and responsibility matrix for each RFP/RFI project
- Assemble, edit, re-write, format and produce final proposal for delivery
- Ensure proposals are completed accurately and within established timelines
- Distribute proposals to appropriate staff, ensuring adherence to established project timelines
- Coordinate proposal pricing with appropriate staff
- Develop and maintain response information materials for RFP’s/RFI’s to utilize as base text to complete future proposals, which may include content from the initial response and updates of current materials
- Assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of department procedures
- Keep up-to-date on specification language and documentation format ensuring adherence to department polices
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the assigned business segment’s technologies, clients and services in order to assist in the proposal process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in English, Communication, Journalism, or related field required.
- Equivalent work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 2+ years technical proposal writing, or technical documentation experience required preferably in telecommunications or high-technology industries
- 2+ years of proposal writing experience required
- Experience managing the content and pricing for RFPs needed
- Experience collaborating with internal teams such as, finance, legal, account management, operations, and engineering, as needed for content and pricing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most.
Information To Insight
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Intrado welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About The Team
Intrado’s Life & Safety division is responsible for some critical parts of our everyday life. Our solutions are responsible for everything that happens after a 9-1-1 call is placed call routing, delivery, location determination and data management. Whether you call from a landline, cell phone or text 9-1-1, we make sure first responders get the right information at the right time so they can save lives.
Intrado also provides notifications to the utilities, healthcare and educational sectors. Our platform provides multi-modal communications that meet an individual’s contact preference and routes over 4 billion notifications each year. At the end of the day, Intrado believes that keeping people in our communities safe, connected and healthy is a top priority.