As Proposal Writer, you will be responsible for sourcing and developing effective and technically accurate proposal content that meets RFx requirements, positions our company competitively, and drives business growth. You will collaborate with the Proposal Manager to generate proposals that demonstrate the value of Included Health to benefits managers and fulfillment teams from large national and multinational employers, insurance carriers, and consulting groups. The Proposal Writer provides exceptional writing, editing, formatting, and project management support throughout the RFx response process to ensure the timely development and completion of high-quality proposals.
The Proposal Writer also contributes to ongoing improvement efforts, including identifying content for inclusion in our RFP answer library and working with internal subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure accurate content and attachment use. In this cross-functional role, you will collaborate most closely with Proposal Managers, Corporate Marketing, Sales, Solutions Consulting, and SMEs across a variety of departments.
The ideal candidate will possess: writing, editing, and copy editing expertise (ideally in healthcare and/or technology); superb attention to detail; strong project management and communication skills; and a track record of delivering high-quality proposals on time and with cross-functional alignment.
- Provide a broad range of support on assigned RFx projects in collaboration with the Proposal Manager, including response population, writing, content editing, copy editing, project management, final formatting/production, and proposal submission in the specified format and/or on procurement platforms.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Sales and SMEs to develop strategic and responsive proposal content tailored to the specific challenges, concerns, and needs of the prospect.
- Develop a wide scope of product and operational company knowledge to ensure ability to answer or triage any net-new or customized questions.
- Collaborate with the Proposal Team’s Content Manager to update and maintain accurate “standard responses” in our RFP answer library and identify net-new content that should be added.
- Assist in developing standard and customized attachments to be included with proposals.
- Participate in Proposal Team project improvement and development initiatives.
- Support other related Corporate Marketing writing initiatives during times when RFx pace allows.
- Be aware of all corporate policies, including HIPAA compliance and data security requirements.
- BA/BS required - English, Technical Writing, Marketing, Communications, or Public Health preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of proposal writing or technical writing experience at a company (or consultancy) selling large enterprise contracts.
- Proven writing, editing, copy editing, project management, and production experience.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, juggling multiple projects. B2B content development and narrative writing experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with RFP collaboration tools and content databases - RFPIO and Salesforce preferred, Google Workspace and Adobe required.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, adhering to schedules and deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven. Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-growing organization.
- Experience working in the employer-benefits space is strongly preferred.
- Passion for helping others and improving access to healthcare.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical.
We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.