BAO Systems is looking for an eloquent, persuasive Proposal Writer to join our Business Development team. The Proposal Writer's responsibilities include gathering information, curating technical content, and submitting approved proposals to support the mission and strategic goals of BAO Systems.
To be successful as a Proposal Writer, you should be articulate, have excellent written communication skills, write in a factual, convincing manner, and be able to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
Proposal development - 75%
- Collaborate with service and product teams to understand core business in order to translate company solutions into written material
- Write compelling and persuasive proposals that articulate core strategies, approaches, and solutions
- Liaise with subject matter experts to ensure technical content is accurate and consistent
- Coordinate Business Development team meetings, compile technical proposal response templates, and establish internal team deadlines
- Provides end-to-end writing support for proposals to ensure delivery of a well-written, compelling, and compliant response
- Evaluate technical sections: text, layout, graphics, etc., for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes
- Handle multiple revisions, edit, and re-edit proposal sections as needed
- Perform other proposal-related duties as required
Marketing and other technical content development - 25%
- Support writing and communication across a variety of media types including presentation decks, case studies, product collateral, etc.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create innovative content ideas
- Support build out of use cases and new product concepts
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in the global health and development sector
- 3+ years of experience supporting business development and technical writing
- Technical background in global health and development, information systems, data management and analytics
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Demonstrates a proven ability to work with/interview Subject Matter Experts to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and make thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Ability to thrive and be highly productive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, environment where you will set your own direction for how to accomplish your goals
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and a sense of urgency around achieving/exceeding goals
- Masters degree
- Deep understanding of global technology markets, trends, and dynamics, particularly related to data collection, management, and analysis
- Demonstrated experience writing USG proposals (e.g. USAID, CDC, NIH) focused on health information systems, data, and analytics
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.