Are you looking for your next challenge? Join Taylor & Francis Group within our Books Production Editorial department. As a Production Editor you will oversee the production of new titles from receipt of the author’s un-copyedited typescript through to delivery of the final content, ensuring new books meet our quality requirements.
As a Production Editor you will oversee the production of new titles from receipt of the author’s uncopyedited typescript through to delivery of the final book product, providing support to external project managers.
The Key Responsibilities Are
- Commissioning, preparing material for, managing and feeding back to external suppliers such as project managers
- Maintaining up-to-date information on our database, and communicating with colleagues in other departments as necessary
- Quality control of final content
- Controlling schedules
- Controlling budgets, assessing and coding invoices for prompt supplier payment
- Liaising with authors if required, and providing necessary support
- Completing multiple tasks to deadlines.
Experience in a Production/Editorial environment is desirable but not essential. Full training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will
- Be used to prioritising and working to deadlines, be organised and able to multi-task
- Have excellent attention to detail and the ability to identify spelling and grammatical errors
- Understand the importance of maintaining information relied on by others, ideally through experience of using a database
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal, able to represent the company professionally and contribute to a friendly team
- Have basic skills in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Have experience of working within budgets
- Be able to problem-solve and work effectively, both on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Show aptitude and enthusiasm for working with new technology and dealing with people, and adapt well to change
- Have a basic understanding of the publishing process from typescript submission to final content.
What we offer in return
- Ample paid time off + 3 paid days off between Christmas and New Years
- Sick time
- Medical & vision benefits
- Volunteering days
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development.