When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types.
Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
As a Product Writer you will:
- Write accurate and user-friendly in-product copy, comprising of: feature descriptions, user instructions, calls-to-action, system messages, emails and tooltips.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Turnitin help site, which provides a diverse user base with access to the most up-to-date product guidance, release information and known issues.
- Plan, write and edit step-by-step user guides for all Turnitin products, integrations, and services.
- Develop multimedia assets to help customers better understand and adjust to any changes in UI, UX, and workflows.
- Produce compelling and timely release information for new and updated product features, as well as bug fixes.
- Work with internal teams to gather requirements and information for documentation.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for colleagues, regularly answering product- and guidance-related questions via internal communication channels.
- Serve as a content review specialist to ensure consistency across all product copy and serve as the authority on copy tone and style requirements.
- You have outstanding writing and editing skills, as well as sound working knowledge of current web content development practises.
- You care tremendously about hearing from users and using their feedback to help guide your work.
- You are passionate about the balance between strong usability and world-class product writing.
- You understand and enjoy the experimental and iterative nature of product design teams.
- You enjoy digging into the details to solve problems and define the best possible outcome.
- You adapt well to changing requirements and actively seek opportunities to innovate and improve.
- You can work independently and meet deadlines.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- You are an empathetic teammate and cross-functional partner.
- You are skilled at identifying small decisions that can have a significant impact.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge / Experience:
- 3+ years of experience writing customer-facing user guides
- 3+ years of experience writing UI/UX copy
Additional experience that would be ideal:
- Experience writing for education
- Experience writing on machine learning, data, or growth teams
- Experience designing for web accessibility
- Experience working on distributed or remote teams
Please note: You must provide a link to a portfolio website to be considered for this position. If you are selected for an interview, you must complete a writing exercise prior to the interview process.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.